Florida State University is one of the pioneer universities in the country and students from many parts of the world make an attempt to get into this university. However, the acceptance rate is less than 50% and it is getting more competitive.
There is another window available to get into this university and that is by transferring to Florida state university. More than 700,000 students apply for transfer to this university almost every year.
However, often getting transfer from one university to the other can be very confusing and also time consuming. So, in this write up, we shall try to give an overview of getting transfer to this university.
What are the various transfer requirements?
In order to get transferred to Florida State University, you need to submit a number of documentations about your candidature and following are brief details about the same.
- High school transcript will be needed for few cases
- College transcript will be needed for all applicants
- Essay or your personal statement will not be needed
- Interview will also not be required
- For few cases, standardized test scores will be needed
- From your prior institution, statement of your good standing will not be needed.
Besides above requirements, the university will also ask for minimum credits completed while applying for transfer. Minimum of 12 credits will be needed by the Florida State University.
What is the acceptance rate of transfer in the Florida State University?
In the year 2019, Florida State University had received 8776 number of transfer applicants and out of that the school had accepted 2500 students. Thus, transfer acceptance rate is 28.49% for the current year.
This will give you an indication that the transfer into this Florida State University is quite difficult. Also, out of 2500 transfer students accepted, only 1812 students are enrolled, which means, yield was about 72.48%.
What are transfer GPA requirements of Florida State University?
The University needs minimum college GPA as 3.0 which is on a 4.33-point scale.
Also, there are few other additional policies of Florida State University like few departments need supplemental applications, higher minimum GPA, auditions, and also have earlier deadlines.
Will you really enjoy getting transferred to Florida State?
Most of the students prefer to get transferred to Florida State University due to a number of reasons.
- Possibly you were always planning to attend any community college, and thereafter move to a 4-year college in order to save your money while fully completing your degree.
- Some of you perhaps had a really bad experience while at the first school, which is not a matter of concern as this is more common than you may think.
- Some of you may be drawn to Tallahassee…
Whatever may be the reason to get transfer to this Florida State University, you are already enrolled at some other university or college, so you will know that most important element during your college day experience is about people and community
After successfully getting transfer to this university will you be comfortable? Will you really be able to get proper place and able to grow further?
The numbers and data provided cannot really answer these questions.