A green and healthy lawn is something every homeowner strives for. Not only does a lush yard enhance your child’s play area, it creates a gorgeous exterior, making your entire home more appealing even before a person reaches the front door. A lush and healthy lawn enhances curb appeal if you’re about to list your home for sale. But, even though a great yard is something every homeowner wants, the fluctuating Georgia climate challenges the best of us. If you’ve tried and failed to produce the lawn of your dreams, it may be time to call in the professionals. Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the best lawn care in Atlanta, GA:
- Try to find a company who is locally owned and operated. They will be the most knowledgeable in determining what grows best in the Atlanta climate.
- Look for a company who offers a wide range of services, and can customize a plan to your individual needs. You want a lawn care program that will use nutrients to enrich the soil combined with a weed controlling agent and high grade grass seed.
- You want a company who can offer a plan to make the most of your soil by using native plants and not rely on an extensive watering program.
- The company should only use safe and effective compounds and should be certified by the state, proving their extensive background in and knowledge of agronomic products that are not harmful to the environment.
- The company should offer, at not cost, a comprehensive analysis of your lawn, including visible diseases of existing plants, pests and soil quality. They should spell out a program based on existing conditions, shade, water, and anything else specific to your yard. The plan should include monitoring of plants during your scheduled maintenance program and retreat or replace, if necessary. Only after a written analysis is accomplished should you schedule treatment.
- Employees should receive on-going training and the company should fully guarantee their work.
Additionally, the company should be a member of the local Better Business Bureau (BBB), and be a member of a professional organization that offers continuing education to its members, such as the National Association of Landscape Professionals. These are only some of the considerations to narrow down your choice when choosing the best lawn care in Atlanta, GA.
Short Summary: Having a beautiful yard is a dream for every homeowner, but is very difficult to achieve in the Georgia climate without the assistance of a professional landscaper.